logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2 on Ubuntu: when accessed from external IP, bandwidth
Author
edamgaard

PostPosted: Wed 23 Aug '17 19:26    Post subject: Apache2 on Ubuntu: when accessed from external IP, bandwidth Reply with quote

Hi All,

I´m very puzzled about this issue that I am having.

I have installed a Ubuntu 17.04 (64 bit) on my server.
Next I have installed the http Apache 2 (version 2.4) server and enabled subversion on it.
No special configuration is done :
In apache2.conf, added the following :
Code:

<Directory /media/server/www/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Require all granted
</Directory>

added the following to /sites-available
svn.conf to make subversion work.
Code:

Also I have installed a J2EE server (Glassfish 4.1.2)

On my router I have made a port forwarding from 80 to the apache server and a port forwarding, on 8081, to the Glassfish4 server.

When I access the apache2/subversion from a local IP address (eg. 192.168.0.32) the bandwidth is high as well as on the glassfish4 server. Download/Upload is very fast (no waitingtime)

When I access the apache2/subversion from a external IP address then the download/upload is very slow < 10-20 Kb/s (actually if I request a document over 1 MB then the connection time out).

When I use the glassfish4 server the bandwidth is still high.....so my conclusion is that something is
limiting the Apache 2 server ???

My internet connection is 100 down/30 Up Mbps.

I´m not a apache 2 expert so I have no clue about what is missing or need to be configured which could eventually cause this limitation on bandwidth ?

Anybody who can help me with some hints ?

I have tried to search for help but have not found any useful help until now.
edamgaard

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug '17 16:24    Post subject: Solution found Reply with quote

I found the solution.

I have separated the site-available in two separate sites.
One for www and another for subversion....for some reason this solves the issue ???
Now I can access the subversion site, from an external IP, and download with real speed (3 Mb instead of 20 kb).
Also the two site are splitte in two different domains (www.mydomain.com and svn.mydomain.com)

I have no idea why this works....but it does.....

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2 on Ubuntu: when accessed from external IP, bandwidth View previous topic :: View next topic