logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: ScoreBoardFile directive not creating scoreboard file
Author
TomasRiker

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug '17 20:46    Post subject: ScoreBoardFile directive not creating scoreboard file Reply with quote

Hello!

I'd like to monitor my Apache (version 2.2.22) server's status using a script, but without using the "server-status" handler (because it doesn't work when the server can't be reached).
On the internet, I found the "ftss" utility that uses shared memory to get the scoreboard data directly from within the Apache's memory. That's exactly what I want to achieve!
For this to work, one has to use the "ScoreBoardFile" directive, like so:

Code:
ScoreBoardFile /var/run/apache_status

That's what I tried, and I restarted Apache. But the file isn't getting created, and the "ftss" tool fails. The path is definitively writable for the Apache user. In the log files, I don't find any hints, warnings or errors - the scoreboard isn't mentioned anywhere. The directive is definitively being read because when I change "ScoreBoardFile" into something invalid, then "apache2ctl configtest" gives me an error. "mod_status" is loaded, and the regular "server-status" handler works fine.

Do you have any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!
TomasRiker

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug '17 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved it! "apache2ctl restart" wasn't enough - I had to do "stop" and "start" ... Rolling Eyes

Reply to topic   Topic: ScoreBoardFile directive not creating scoreboard file View previous topic :: View next topic