logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache.dsw to Apache.sln using VS2013
Author
satsharm

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jan '18 12:19    Post subject: Apache.dsw to Apache.sln using VS2013 Reply with quote

Hello,

I am converting Apache.dsw to Apache.sln using vs2013 but some of dependency are getting broken. Can you please anyone assist me to convert it.

Currently I am converting using vs2008 and then the Apache.sln of vs2008 to Apache.sln vs2013 . so I want to skip the conversion through vs2008.

Best Regards,
Satish
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 08 Feb '18 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 2008 conversion first was for VS 2010 as the Express version would not convert vc6 dsw/dsp files. I also know that on the very rare occation when I do convert in VS 2012, 2015 or 2017 I do not use cvtdsp.pl.

I would first try converting them in vs2013 only and see how it goes. I have had not had good luck using the IDE after 2008 and now use the command line build .mak/.dep files always. To me it's easier and much faster, especially when everything is scripted.

nmake /f makefile.win instdir=\Apache24 installr

As of APR-util 1.6.1, nothing really builds because the person whom made the changes didn't bother to do a complete job on the httpd side so it fails miserably. I just use a patch on httpd & apr-util to get the build back to what it was before when building with apu 1.6.0. That patch was made with the command line build in mind so may not be complete for IDE builds, I forget now since I made it back in October.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache.dsw to Apache.sln using VS2013 View previous topic :: View next topic