logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Rewrites not Working in Apache 2.4.29 Win64 VC15
Author
cwickenh

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan '18 19:22    Post subject: Rewrites not Working in Apache 2.4.29 Win64 VC15 Reply with quote

Hello, I am trying to upgrade from Apache 2.4.18 Win64 VC15 running on Windows Server 2008 to Apache 2.4.29 Win64 VC15 running on Windows Server 2016.

I can't get Rewrites to work on version 2.4.29 that are currently working in version 2.4.18.

I feel that I have tried everything! Of course, I'm loading the mod_rewrite module. I've tried enabling tracing using LogLevel Debug rewrite:trace2 all the way to LogLevel Debug rewrite:trace8, but no rewrite events show up in my error log. Could it be that there is something missing in this compiled package of Apache, or that I'm missing something that is a new undocumented requirement? PLEASE be something simple! I've been battling this for weeks, with no success.
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan '18 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

No other report that mod_rewrite has issues.
cwickenh

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan '18 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I see that no others are reporting it, but not sure if that's enough to assume that it isn't a problem?

How could you explain there not being ANY rewrite entries in my error log when I enable rewrite:trace3?

Could you give it a try on a Windows 2016 Server? Perhaps it's combination of the OS and the Apache?
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jan '18 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewrite works here on 2016 server and entries [rewrite:trace2/3] in the log.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 08 Feb '18 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

check with
Code:
httpd -M
if the module is loaded.

Reply to topic   Topic: Rewrites not Working in Apache 2.4.29 Win64 VC15 View previous topic :: View next topic