logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.2 crashes mysql periodically?
Author
asinsh

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec '05 5:07    Post subject: apache 2.2 crashes mysql periodically? Reply with quote

I have a phpbb forum running on winXP (SP2), apache, php5.1 and mysql5.0.16.

I had been running apache 2.0.55 and the entire setup was extremetly stable (it really never crashed).

But I just upgraded to apache 2.2 (win32 binary compilation courtesy of steffen, together with the recommended new version of php5apache2.dll and related files) and it all seems to work fine, except that now I am seeing periodic mysql crashes (where I get the message that mysqld-nt has encountered a problem and needs to close). Anyone else seen anything like this? For the time being I'm going to roll back to apache 2.0.55.
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec '05 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not seen. Most of us running MySQL.

Look with phpinfo under the heading mysql the "Client API version" you have, you should read there 5.0.16 .

Btw, MySQL is not direct interfaced with Apache, it is called by the MySQL client (libmySQL.dll) via php.

Steffen
asinsh

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec '05 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

phpinfo reprots what it should report: mysql 5.0.16 and php 5.1.1.

I decided it is possible that there may be something going on with hardware (RAM or whatever), so last night I copied my entire 'Server' directory onto another winxp box and am now running apache 2.2 and by phpbb board off that pc. I'll report later on whether all is well on the new pc.

I did check the apache entries in phpinfo as long as I was at it and I see this, which I think is normal but let me know if I'm wrong:
- Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
- Apache API Version 20051115

Should servier api be apache 2.2 handler rather than apache 2.0 handler?
asinsh

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec '05 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to close out this topic, I've had things running stably on my backup server for amost a week and it seems stable, so I'm guessing that the problem was a hardware one on my original server and that steffen's build works perfectly.
pnllan

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec '05 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about the Hardware situation, but that's a good find. Some people wouldn't have thought hardware might cause an issue.

Good to hear you have Apache 2.2 up and running.

Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.2 crashes mysql periodically? View previous topic :: View next topic