logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: No access to MySQL
Author
GeoffreyB

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '06 6:12    Post subject: No access to MySQL Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to Apache2.2 (Apache Lounge build) and to PHP 5.1.6 with a few problems which have now been resolved thanks to this forum's participants. I now have another issue.

I have set extension=php_mysql and I have made sure that the path to libmysql.dll is set in the Windows path environment variable.

There are NO errors when Apache & PHP load nothing in the event log.

A call to phpinfo() does not reveal that MySQL is loaded and my Joomla sites run with the message

Code:
 This site is temporarily unavailable.
Please notify the System Administrator
Error 1 being unable to connect to database
I have enabled other extension eg php_curl to make sure that extension_dir was correct and that worked fine - was reported in phpinfo().

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on what I might be missing.
CanUuRead

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '06 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of MySQL are you using?

INFO U: MySQL AB has the latest connectors for PHP that correspond to the latest server/client release.

I think PHP is not picking up your copy of libmySQL.dll.

I'm not sure exactly how you set up your Apache/PHP (but I think you used the tutorial in the How to section), so you can navigate to the BIN folder of the MySQL install where you will find libmySQL.dll. Copy libmySQL.dll to the PHP folder. This largely depends on how you setup PHP, but if you used the tutorial that I showed you in your other post - this is what you want to do.

Let us know how it turns out.
GeoffreyB

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '06 8:23    Post subject: Checking MySQL version Reply with quote

Hi,
Just checked the version to find that it is a beta version - 5.0.10.a-beta-nt. I am currently downloading most current version.
The interesting thing is that there was a libmySQL.dll dated the same date as all the other php files in the PHP directory. I changed it for the one from the mySQL bin directory. Didn't make a bit of difference.

Will post further details after I have upgraded to MySQL version 5.0.26. Hopefully I get my system working tonight (Australian Time - though there is an international game of scoccer, Australia vs Barhian, to watch)

Thanks again for your help
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '06 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that libmysql.dll to apache\bin folder

set
extension=php_mysql.dll hope you only forgot to post that Wink
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '06 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the script mysqlinfo.zip here at the download lage, this script is for testing MySQL PHP-extension installation. Run it and see what it says.

Steffen
GeoffreyB

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '06 10:54    Post subject: It's Fixed Reply with quote

Thank you

Placing libmySQL.dll in apache\bin seems to have fixed the problem. the extension=php_mysql was a post error not a php.ini error.

Reply to topic   Topic: No access to MySQL View previous topic :: View next topic