logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: InstallBin can't find files
Author
mrtechguy

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov '06 10:05    Post subject: InstallBin can't find files Reply with quote

Hey all,

For some reason when I get to the part of compiling/installing Apache 2.2.3 where InstallBin copies files to the output dir I get a few "file not found" errors
Code:

copy srclib\openssl\out32dll\openssl.pdb  "\Apache2\bin" <.y
The system cannot find the file specified.
(This also happenes for:
srclib\openssl\out32dll\libeay32.pdb
srclib\openssl\out32dll\ssleay32.pdb
support\Release\abs.pdb)

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'copy' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

What should generate these files and why aren't they generating?

Cheers
MTG
Jorge

PostPosted: Sun 19 Nov '06 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

this means you didn't compile openssl in the srclib folder.
You can remove mod_ssl from the build list in vs to skip it.
mrtechguy

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov '06 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually tried compiling openssl many time (all of which succeed). mod_ssl compiles fine it is just InstallBin that will fail on me ((that is what the errors are from (not mod_ssl))

MTG
Jorge

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov '06 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
 copy srclib\openssl\out32dll\openssl.pdb  "\Apache2\bin" <.y
The system cannot find the file specified.
(This also happenes for:
srclib\openssl\out32dll\libeay32.pdb
srclib\openssl\out32dll\ssleay32.pdb
support\Release\abs.pdb)

This tells me that installbin can't find the Program Databases (debug information) for the libraries of openssl
tdonovan

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov '06 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that there are no .pdb files for OpenSSL.

These OpenSSL .pdb copy commands always fail (and are expected to fail) in InstallBin.

I suspect your real error is probably the fact that project abs didn't get built.
The project dependencies are not perfect in the Apache Windows IDE build.

I suggest you open the [Project Dependencies...] dialog for project BuildBin in Solution Explorer
and check every "Depends on:" checkbox (except InstallBin which should be greyed out).
Then rebuild the solution. This will ensure that everything gets built before InstallBin runs.

-tom-

p.s. .pdb files are debug symbol files. They are useful for running under a debugger, but they are not used otherwise.
The Apache build creates .pdb files for its .exe and .dll files regardless of whether it is a Debug or Release build.
The OpenSSL build doesn't create any .pdb files.
Most production installations of Apache delete all the .pdb files to save space.

Reply to topic   Topic: InstallBin can't find files View previous topic :: View next topic