logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_auth_phpBB, authenticate using phpBB MySQL database
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov '05 22:36    Post subject: mod_auth_phpBB, authenticate using phpBB MySQL database Reply with quote

A mod which I use here at the download page.

It authenticates users by looking up users in a phpBB MySQL database.

Made by Yongming Wang and I added not allowing in-active users and made the Win32 binary.

Download Win32 binary: http://yomi.vicp.net/svn/Apache/

Steffen
Brian

PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov '05 5:20    Post subject: A very good module indeed Reply with quote

I for one am very loyal to PHPBB, and despite the fact that there have been some security related issues over the past few months, they have been resolved quickly.

The fact is that even un-patched, for me mod-security prevented any succesful exploitations of PHPBB.

That being said, I find mod_auth_phpBB to be immensely helpful for me. I offer a private Magick Studio interface for my clients, and as such one of the best ways to ensure that the public does not gain access is through a simple .htaccess login prompt. mod_auth_phpBB is perfect becuase every one of my Webbywarehouse members is also signed up in our PHPBB forum, so I don't have to manage a nightmare sized .passwd file for members, and as accounts expire, they are simply removed from PHPBB and thus from the list of those that can access Magick Studio.

This is a terrific mod if you use PHPBB, though it may not be exactly ideal for every situation.

--
Brian

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_auth_phpBB, authenticate using phpBB MySQL database View previous topic :: View next topic