logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Ostinato TcpSyn Flood VS Apache 2.0
Author
saryx

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan '14 1:29    Post subject: Ostinato TcpSyn Flood VS Apache 2.0 Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanks in advance;

Issue: TcpSyn flood unsuccessful, unable to determine effect/handling of requests.

Environment:
Home Lab; Win8(dont ask..)
apache 2.0(httpd-2.0.64-win32-x86-no_ssl)
*Fire down, router rules unrestrictive

Scenario:
Ostinato Generated traffic: 77+/- TCP SYN packets to server(127.0.0.1)

netstat –n –p TCP x.x.x.x:80 reports syn recieved(500 entries, spoofed Source IPs) on host machine.

And yet no deterrence even on the 0.001 second scale to legit HTTP request tested from other local machine.

I believed that one apache server can handle give or take 300 connections, then, its backlog will fill and not accept new once, therefore denying service to legitimate users.

Yet it was not the case.

What am I missing?

Please advice, correct all and any verbal or terminology eers or anything missing that I need to bring you guys to help out.

Thanks In advance,
-saryx
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '14 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is your mpm config? And why are you using such an old apache rather than using 2.4.x ?

Reply to topic   Topic: Ostinato TcpSyn Flood VS Apache 2.0 View previous topic :: View next topic