logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Building Apache with Visual Studio 2005
Author
TommyB

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan '06 16:50    Post subject: Building Apache with Visual Studio 2005 Reply with quote

Hi,

I just managed to run a complete build of Apache 2.0.55 with Visual Studio Express (2005) including SSL support. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm just wondering if I really have to touch all the mak file to embed all
manifest files into the exe,dll and module files like shown in this msdn article Question

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms235591.aspx

Ahhmm, yes - I'm quite new to the C language Embarassed

cheers!
Thomas
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan '06 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Good to hear, that you build it.

When you do a IDE build, then the manifests are auto included in the .exe, .dll and .so and you have to do nothing. Only the openssl.exe.manifest, ssleay32.dll.manifest and libeay32.dll.manifest you have to copy from your oppenssl out32dll to your apache/bin. See my .zip at the download page here, what I have included for distributing.

Steffen

Reply to topic   Topic: Building Apache with Visual Studio 2005 View previous topic :: View next topic