logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Signatures
Author
monty

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb '08 18:46    Post subject: Apache Signatures Reply with quote

I would like to download and install the latest Apache version on my Mac. I want to use Apache for my php training and possibly preparing databases for upload to a commercial server. However, I read the Apache downloads page references to signatures and MD5s. I don't understand those processes. Are they important for my use--when only I will be using the server on my computer?
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb '08 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only to verify you downloaded the file correct.

Steffen
monty

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb '08 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Steffen. So I take it the signature or MD5s are not for security, just to see if the file was downloaded okay. Is that correct?
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb '08 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Signatures View previous topic :: View next topic