logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Help with Apache Assignment
Author
defiant

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb '08 2:52    Post subject: Help with Apache Assignment Reply with quote

Hello everybody. I have an assignment due in a couple days and I'm completely lost. I know very little about web servers, and it's difficult to learn enough about this assignment in such a short period of time. So I come to you all. My assignment is this, verbatim:

"Your client has decided they would like to be able to conduct business transactions online. What are you going to need, be specific. Remember it must be secure, it must work with your current hardware and software (unless outsourced) and it must be able to conduct transactions with as many merchant processing financial institutions as possible."

For the sake of this assignment, I'm running Apache on a Windows machine (And it seems I'm in the right forum!). I need help deciding what software I should use and how I would go about setting everything up. Please respond if you can, any help at all is much appreciated Smile
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb '08 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a quite open question for the Apache Community. Maybe you can say what you have already investigated and be more specific.

Steffen
defiant

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb '08 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this instructor doesn't give us specifics; his questions are VERY open-ended. But okay, let's say that my client would like to enable shopping cart features on his site, so customers can buy his products online. Could I use Shop-Script (www.shop-script.com) on my Apache web server? And if so, how would I go about setting everything up so it works correctly/efficiently?

If I had the resources, I would set up Apache and try everything for myself, but even then I wouldn't know where to begin. Let me know if this helps define my question a bit more.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb '08 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure this script should work, to install follow the guide they provide. Be sure to install PHP and MySQL first on Apache, there are tutorials here in the forum.

Steffen
defiant

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb '08 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then, thanks so much Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: Help with Apache Assignment View previous topic :: View next topic