logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache-PHP issues (newbie trying to run Wordpress Locally)
Author
newyawkah

PostPosted: Wed 01 Sep '10 19:42    Post subject: Apache-PHP issues (newbie trying to run Wordpress Locally) Reply with quote

The miracle "5 minute install" of wordpress is currently running me into its 5th hour and i need help. I am trying to install wordpress locally having had to install Apache, PHP and MySql from scratch.

First, the facts:

Windows XP
Apache HTTP Server 2.2
PHP 5.2.14 (unpacked into c:\php from ZIP package, not MSI installer)
MySQL 5.1

The problem: when I try to run the wordpress' install.php, apache crashes and throws this windows error:

szAppName : httpd.exe
szAppVer : 2.2.16.0
szModName : php5ts.dll
szModVer : 5.2.14.14
offset : 0000ac5a

I have made the following changes to Apache http.conf:

Added LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll
Added PHPIniDir "c:/php"

I have made the following changes to php.ini:

Included extension=php_mysql.dll
Included extension=php_mysqli.dll
Changed extension_dir to "C:\php\ext"

I also made sure to add c:\php to windows PATH[/i]

Not sure where to go from here. Originally my problem started not with Apache but with PHP because wordpress would not start and was giving me the "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress". I had originally installed PHP from the MSI installer which is missing lots of stuff so I uninstalled PHP and reinstalled it from the zip package thinking this would do the trick. Now I am stuck here and at my wits end.

Thank you in advance for your help.
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep '10 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googling up that error code I'm finding things that point to libmysql.dll.

So, is PHP in your system PATH?

If not, get it in there (prefered I'd imagine) or copy the dll to Apache's /bin folder.

Try these anyway. Not saying it'll fix you up but that's what I'm seeing elsewhere.
newyawkah

PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep '10 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. seems to have done the trick because now i have a new error message coming from wordpress having to do with the db connection, so at least its not apache and php anymore (hopefuly)!
Caffeine Addict

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov '10 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am having a very similar issue... I have updated php from 5.2.9 to 5.2.14 by copying the new zip folder across and copying dlls to the apache folder as needed.

Everything is working apart from word press websites and fresh installs of word press.

Any idea points would be really useful as i can't seem to find any errors that point me to the root of the issue....
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov '10 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your projects works with 5.3 upgrade to it cause there is no need of an external mysql lib.

if you have to use 5.2 for some reason. Take a look into the windows event log. In PHP enable disaplay error and startup errors.

Code:

display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On

This settings are only for debugging and not for productive systems.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache-PHP issues (newbie trying to run Wordpress Locally) View previous topic :: View next topic