logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Touble building curl on windows
Author
0mni

PostPosted: Sat 14 May '11 23:26    Post subject: Touble building curl on windows Reply with quote

I am trying to build curl, so I can build the mod_security module.

I use these 3 simple commands in command line:
Code:
CD C:\build\curl-7.21.6
CMAKE -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=True -DCURL_ZLIB=True
NMAKE

This is what I get when I attempt to build curl:
Code:
Linking C shared library ..\libcurl.dll
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR90.dll) : error LNK2005: __strdup already defined in LIBCMT.lib(strdup.obj)
   Creating library ..\libcurl_imp.lib and object ..\libcurl_imp.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
..\libcurl.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
LINK Pass 1 failed. with 1169
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.6\bin\cmake.exe"' : return code '0xffffffff'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I know that it says to /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT, but it just kicks back an error saying can't find LIBCMT

If anyone knows of a better, or right way, to build curl I would be very grateful.

If I do get mod_security to build, this is what I will be using to build mod_security:
Code:
CD C:\build\mod_security-2.5.13\apache2
NMAKE -f Makefile.win

CD C:\build\mod_security-2.5.13\apache2\mlogc-src
NMAKE -f Makefile.win

COPY C:\build\pcre-8.12\pcre.dll C:\apache22\bin\pcre.dll
COPY C:\build\lua-5.1.4\src\lua5.1.dll C:\apache22\bin\lua5.1.dll
COPY C:\build\libxml2-2.7.8\win32\bin.msvc\libxml2.dll C:\apache22\bin\libxml2.dll
COPY C:\build\curl-7.21.6\libcurl.dll C:\apache22\bin\libcurl.dll
COPY C:\build\mod_security-2.5.13\apache2\mlogc-src\mlogc.exe C:\apache22\bin\mlogc.exe
COPY C:\build\mod_security-2.5.13\apache2\mod_security2.so C:\apache22\modules\mod_security2.so
COPY C:\build\curl-7.21.6\curl.exe C:\apache22\bin\curl.exe

Reply to topic   Topic: Touble building curl on windows View previous topic :: View next topic