logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Happy anniversary Apache Lounge
Author
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct '12 12:04    Post subject: Happy anniversary Apache Lounge Reply with quote

If I remember correctly it is now 7 years of Apache Lounge. Thank you Steffen for promoting apache on windows.
I can't remeber if you ever offered apache 1.3
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct '12 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, good catch.

But even longer, the domain Apache Lounge is registered on 23 Feb 2003, so almost ten years. All with help in the beginning of Brian A, who also suggested the name Apache Lounge.

In 2003 it started as blog only site, no AL downloads and forum, see Apache Lounge 2003 . Downloads were at Apache.org and modules from Guenter. Later I had a forum based on Jive (java), but it was no success, the site was too general and had to be more Windows specific.

The current forum(based on phpBB) is active since 15 Oct '05. And that time also started building myself and made the downloads available.

All started with the Sambar server in late 1990. That time the only server which was working great on Windows (95 and me), a hell of a multi threaded server, no module concept but all build-in and included e.g. a mail, ftp, webdav, syslog and telnet server. In 2001 started the Sambarserver site, see Sambar Server 2001. A new Sambar forum is still at www.sambarserver.info . But is was a one man server, and Apache 2.0 was also working better and better on Windows. never tried Apache 1.3

You and the other moderators also thanks! An one man forum never works in the long term (like the one man server Sambar).

We all achieved together that Apache on Windows is nowadays more a factor within ASF.

Steffen
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct '12 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary *confetti and horns blowing*
Millennium

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct '12 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz on 7 years Smile Or longer. Cheers mates!

Reply to topic   Topic: Happy anniversary Apache Lounge View previous topic :: View next topic