logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Cookies and Sessions not working with virtual hosts ?
Author
Rodion

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr '14 19:19    Post subject: PHP Cookies and Sessions not working with virtual hosts ? Reply with quote

Hello, when I setup virtual hosts on my server and set cookies and sessions in PHP - they are not working, when I call scripts via domain name in browser ( for example, domain_parking_statistics.com/index.php ), but when I call them via IP adress - cookies and sessions work ( for example, 127.0.0.1/index.php ). I use Apache 2.4.7 win32 VC9 and PHP 5.5.9-Win32-VC11-x86. I've added string for domain name into my "System32\drivers\etc\hosts" :

Code:

127.0.0.1       domain_parking_statistics.com

Here is my httpd.conf :

Admin note:

Conf files removed, see the forum rules.

Here is part of my httpd-vhosts.conf with virtual host configuration :

Code:
<Directory "I:/Work/Servers/Site/Apache/Sites/2014/DomainsParkingSystem/pages">
  Require all granted

</Directory>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot "I:/Work/Servers/Site/Apache/Sites/2014/DomainsParkingSystem/pages"

ServerName domain_parking_statistics.com
    ServerAlias www.domain_parking_statistics.com

ErrorLog "logs/domain_parking_statistics.com-error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/domain_parking_statistics.com-access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

Maybe, somebody can help me to identify source of this problem and solve it?
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 20 Apr '14 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you set the cookie? example script?
Rodion

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr '14 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

This way :

Code:
if ( $LoginBySession ) $_SESSION [ 'DomainParkingStatistics_Views' ]                      = 1;

$AuthorizationCookieExpireTime        = 30 * 24 * 60 * 60;

if ( ! SetCookie ( "EMail", $UserEmail, Time () + $AuthorizationCookieExpireTime, "/" ) ) $ErrorString                            = $ErrorString . " Error in authorization cookie setting.";
if ( ! SetCookie ( "AuthorizationId", $AuthorizationIdString, Time () + $AuthorizationCookieExpireTime, "/" ) ) $ErrorString      = $ErrorString . " Error in authorization cookie setting.";

By the way, on site's hosting everything works without errors; so, it seems, that error is not in PHP scripts and is somewhere in server configuration.
jraute

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr '14 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

May i ask what you mean with "on site's hosting everything works ..."?
Rodion

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr '14 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> May i ask what you mean with "on site's hosting everything works ..."?

This phrase means : I develop web site locally on server, installed on my computer, and then upload it to hosting ( Hostgator ) - and there on site's hosting cookies and sessions are set without problems. I think that this should be obvious.
jraute

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr '14 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for explaining.

If it is running in a hosted environment and only on your server it is not running i would check dns, proxy-configuration (if used, it can cause problems if there are wrong or missing entries) and vhost-configuration. Do you use name based vhosts, then have a look at NameVirtualHost *:80 definition ...

It must be something trivial which is simply missing or misleading.
Rodion

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr '14 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> If it is running in a hosted environment and only on your server it is not running i would check dns, proxy-configuration (if used, it can cause problems if there are wrong or missing entries) and vhost-configuration.

I did not configured proxies, I just set vhost as it is shown in part of my httpd-vhosts.conf, which is shown in first post.

>> Do you use name based vhosts, then have a look at NameVirtualHost *:80 definition ... It must be something trivial which is simply missing or misleading.

Yes, I use name based vhost, but it is defined as "VirtualHost *:80" and then name of host goes in definition. Yes, I also think that I miss something in server configuration, but did not figured source of this error for now by myself. So, maybe someone, who has more experience in vhosts configuration, solved this error previously and can help me to solve it.
jraute

PostPosted: Wed 23 Apr '14 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodion wrote:
>> If it is running in a hosted environment and only on your server it is not running i would check dns, proxy-configuration (if used, it can cause problems if there are wrong or missing entries) and vhost-configuration.

I did not configured proxies, I just set vhost as it is shown in part of my httpd-vhosts.conf, which is shown in first post.

You got me wrong. I mean in windows, in the internet options the proxy configuration. That sounds strange, i know, but if that configuration is wrong, the local apache will not function as usual.

Quote:
Yes, I use name based vhost, but it is defined as "VirtualHost *:80" and then name of host goes in definition.

Sorry, the question was if you use name based vhostS (more than one) ..., then you need a NameVirtualHost entry.
Rodion

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr '14 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for delayed response.

>> You got me wrong. I mean in windows, in the internet options the proxy configuration. That sounds strange, i know, but if that configuration is wrong, the local apache will not function as usual.

No, I did not configured proxy in Windows; I use 3G modem, which uses its own program for connection - maybe it autoconfigures proxy or some other internet connection options.

>> Sorry, the question was if you use name based vhostS (more than one) ..., then you need a NameVirtualHost entry.

No, I use just one virtual host and another site, which is configured in httpd.conf; maybe they are conflicting in some way with each other?

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Cookies and Sessions not working with virtual hosts ? View previous topic :: View next topic