logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Rewrite rules for non-hosted domain
Author
divekeys

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jul '15 22:06    Post subject: Rewrite rules for non-hosted domain Reply with quote

CentOS 6. Apache 2.2.15

I am trying to redirect a request from a non-hosted domain, using a rewrite rule in our configuration file in conf.d. Our registrar has a pointer from this non-hosted domain to our domain.

Currently
*.domain1.com.vn -> http://www.domain1.com
domain1.com.vn -> http://domain1.com

I want to redirect a request like so in the web.conf file in conf.d

domain1.com.vn/terms => domain2.com/vn/terms

I am fairly new to apache so I'll do my best to fill in any additional needed info. Thanks
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul '15 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may post your rewrite rule.
divekeys

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul '15 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we found that the way the registrar was set up. It pointed the non-hosted domain to our URL instead of a the VIP the servers used. I believe this was bypassing the servers conf file. Once this goes into effect in 24 hours. I think I can add a either a vhost entry in the current conf file. OR would I be better off creating a new separate conf file specifically for the domain1.com.vn?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jul '15 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do recommend to have separated config files, for each vhost. But it works also to have it all in one big file.

Reply to topic   Topic: Rewrite rules for non-hosted domain View previous topic :: View next topic