logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: New to Perl, need some help.
Author
rabidjade

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '06 6:58    Post subject: New to Perl, need some help. Reply with quote

I have Apache 2.0.55 install along with PHP 4.4.3 on Windows 2k Server.

I was looking for a great statistics and stats program and found this. Only problem is it requires the Perl Apache module from what I was told. I was also told that Perl and Win32 don't get along. Since Linux isn't an option I am looking for anything that describes how to install Perl in a windows/apache2 environment as there isn't much on the topic. This is the first I have ran into anything Perl so I’m a newbie at this although I have been tinkering with PHP and Apache2 for a couple of years now.

If anyone knows of anything better than awstats I am open to it.
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '06 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who told you Perl and windows didn't get along?

I've been running perl on windows for over 2 years.
Been coding platform independed perl script for 4 months! There is absolutly nothing wrong with Perl on windows.

If you don't want perl you could checkout:
http://www.sawmill.net/ but it isn't free
rabidjade

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '06 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually might try the Perl module install. I'm always open to learning new things with Apache.
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '06 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the easy way use ActiveStat perl it comes with a nice module manager. Else compile it yourself Smile
rabidjade

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '06 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorge wrote:
If you want the easy way use ActiveStat perl it comes with a nice module manager. Else compile it yourself Smile

I've been looking at that. I also been looking at the Indigoperl package but it clearly unsupported and outdated although it has everything I need.
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '06 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with the DIY way. Only problem it doesn't like VS 2005

Reply to topic   Topic: New to Perl, need some help. View previous topic :: View next topic