logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Windows Home Server
Author
pips

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 0:53    Post subject: Windows Home Server Reply with quote

Ooooh I've just got an email from Uncle Bill - I've been accepted on the beta download for Windows Home Server Smile 49% download to go.......

I wonder how much like Vista it will be? Can't wait to find out what soft/hardware won't work with it!! lol Confused

Phil
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only install on vmware! Wink Vista the longest Virus I've ever seen!
pips

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have Vista running on vmware - my initial feeling was very nice, until I actually started to try and use the damn thing - then found out about quite a lot of non-compatible programs!!
At work we use Novell Netware as our main servers, and as yet there is no working Client32 for Vista to allow us to connect to the server! Novell have brought out a beta version of the client, but it doesn't work properly Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Vista the longest Virus I've ever seen!

Definition of a virus:-
A computer virus is a computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer without permission or knowledge of the user.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
pips

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like its hard-drive hungry!! 20gb isn't enough!!!!!!

Phil.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

pips wrote:
Looks like its hard-drive hungry!! 20gb isn't enough!!!!!!
Phil.

I only testet Beta 1 and Beta 2 I needed 12 GB for installation...
pips

PostPosted: Fri 09 Mar '07 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just tried it with a 60gb hdd but it didnt work either - then realised that vmware had setup the hdd as SCSI so i've now changed it to IDE and it appears to be installing now! Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: Windows Home Server View previous topic :: View next topic