logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Brand Newby - Apache 5.0.59, mysql 5.0.37, php 5.2, xp sp2
Author
natcolley

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar '07 20:07    Post subject: Brand Newby - Apache 5.0.59, mysql 5.0.37, php 5.2, xp sp2 Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for reading my post. Don't be fooled by my listing of apps and version numbers that I knew what I'm doing. I have installed Apache, MySQL and PHP in the last couple of hours. As near as I can tell (and that may be the problem) they are working ok. However, I don't know how to test to be sure. The icon in the tray says I am running all apache services.
However, when I type localhost/mydomain.com in Firefox, it wants to download a document.
Opening that document in Notepad show it is blank. IE7 opens a web page but alas, it's blank, too. Where do I go from here?
Dare I download the app I actually want to run (mediawiki)?
Caveat: I did this on my desktop as a test to make sure I did it right before I tried putting it on the server. Thank you!
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar '07 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in your error log?

you should turn on error reporting in your php.ini
Code:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
display_errors = On

Can you please run this test script
Code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>
natcolley

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar '07 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I found the error log after posting. At first it said it was missing an expected T_variable or $ in line 10, so I put one in, and then I got different errors in the log. Sorry I can't post them now because I am at work, but I will tonight.

I had a php test from an old book similar to the one you posted, and it works fine. So if PHP works, doesn't that mean Mysql has to be working?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar '07 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) is mysql running?
b) is the php_mysql.dll loaded in PHP?

You can download the mysql test on the download page (found below) mysqlinfo.zip
natcolley

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar '07 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
a) is mysql running?

According to services, yes.
Quote:
b) is the php_mysql.dll loaded in PHP?

There were a lot of little files the guide said to move around, so I'm pretty sure I did that - but that may also be where I've screwed up! Wink
Quote:
You can download the mysql test on the download page (found below) mysqlinfo.zip

thx. I'll try it tonight and let you know. I really appreciate your responsiveness! Very Happy
natcolley

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The requested URL /mysql_info.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) PHP/5.2.1 Server at localhost Port 80

Quote:

[Sun Mar 18 16:44:25 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\mysql_up.php on line 10
[Sun Mar 18 16:48:53 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\mysql_up.php on line 10

[Sun Mar 18 17:53:12 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/mysqltest.php' not found or unable to stat
[Sun Mar 18 17:53:52 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: phpinfo in C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\mysql_test.php on line 2
[Sun Mar 18 17:53:52 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: require_once(admin/config.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\mysql_test.php on line 11
[Sun Mar 18 17:53:52 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'admin/config.php' (include_path='.;C:\\php5\\pear') in C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\mysql_test.php on line 11

Quote:
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 1
Server version: 5.0.37-community-nt MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> bin/mysqlshow
-> mysqlshow
-> mysqlshow;
ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id: 2
Current database: *** NONE ***

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'bin/m
ysqlshow
mysqlshow
mysqlshow' at line 1
mysql>

I suspect mysql did not install properly. I posted to the mysql forum, but no response Crying or Very sad

So, assuming I am right, can I just re-install mysql? Will I have to do anything to Apache or PHP afterwards?

Thx.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstall MySQL

Download the version without the installer.

start it by Hand
mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --defaults-file=C:\mysql\my.ini --standalone

and try than if it keeps running

to shutdown
C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root shutdown

Quote:

Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Means the php_mysql.dll is not loaded in PHP!
natcolley

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much! Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: Brand Newby - Apache 5.0.59, mysql 5.0.37, php 5.2, xp sp2 View previous topic :: View next topic