logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: How to Configure Apache process at High Priority on Windows
Author
shamsheer

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr '07 8:06    Post subject: How to Configure Apache process at High Priority on Windows Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am new to apache, and I am trying to make apache process as high priority on windows 2003 server, I know its not good idea but any clue on this will be highly appriciated.

As we are having an application which is originally written for SQL server and IIS now its has been re written in oracle and middle tier apache but the problem. earlier the perfomance of oracle and apache was too slow and far behing sql with IIS but with few configuration we are able to match almost same performance of SQL with IIS. but I know we can still tune apache for optimization mode any help on this performance issue will be highly appricitated.

thanks and Regards
Shamsheer
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 20 Apr '07 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could do that by hand or by vbs.

There is a parent and a child process from apache not sure if it is good to set it higher!

a short vbs example

pro.vbs
Code:

'Changes the priority of a running instance of Notepad.exe from Normal to
'Above Normal

Const ABOVE_NORMAL = 32768
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'Notepad.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcesses
    objProcess.SetPriority(ABOVE_NORMAL)
Next

Reply to topic   Topic: How to Configure Apache process at High Priority on Windows View previous topic :: View next topic