logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mysql do not load in PHP
Author
wappy

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jul '07 15:34    Post subject: mysql do not load in PHP Reply with quote

First of all thank you for the tutorial. I installed Apache 2.0 with PHP Version 5.2.3 and everything works fine. The problem is with the mySQL server. I downloaded and installed version 5.0 and overwrite LIBMYSQL.DLL. Unfortunately the mysql functions from php aren't recognized.

For example:
Code:
<?
mysql_connect("localhost","root","") or die ("Error: ".mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("stoc") or die ("Error: ".mysql_error());
?>

I get: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\stoc\connect.php on line 2

thank you for your answers!

Modnote: split from the proven setup topic
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jul '07 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you enable it in php.ini? Loaded the right php.ini in httpd.conf? Is the extension path the right one in php.ini?
wappy

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Did you enable it in php.ini? Loaded the right php.ini in httpd.conf? Is the extension path the right one in php.ini?

Unfortunately yes
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you have to copy libmysql.dll to apache\bin folder Or where did you replace that dll?
wappy

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Maybe you have to copy libmysql.dll to apache\bin folder Or where did you replace that dll?

From C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin to C:\php5... now i put it on apache\bin too, restart the server and nothing
wappy

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another thing: when i try to connect to the mysql server from the comand prompt i get this error: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to use a user, normaly you have to use root without a password using command line.

e.g.
Code:

mysql -u root

Without getting more information about your config files I can't see there any option to help you.
wappy

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. thank you for your answer!
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jul '07 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:

Without getting more information about your config files I can't see there any option to help you.

So won't you post your parts from httpd.conf and PHP.ini???

Reply to topic   Topic: mysql do not load in PHP View previous topic :: View next topic