logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Mod_ssl error Can not load
Author
Hot Asien Teen

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec '07 16:38    Post subject: Mod_ssl error Can not load Reply with quote

I have found this in about 100 different places on the web, and I have tried almost every possible combination of solutions, to no avail.

I have Open SSL 0.9.8g; Apache 2.2

I have created the certificates, I have moved the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to the Windows32 directory, placed the files into the conf and the bin directories from the upgrade to openssl found on the forums but I still get the

Specified procedure could not be found error....

Please help me. I have lost days on this message...
sonofwestwood

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec '07 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem. You might have a conflict in versions between Apache and OpenSSL, as I did.

If you download Apache from Apache.org, make sure to get the Windows binary release with ssl, rather than the no_ssl version. It should come with OpenSSL already, so no need to go out and install it separately.

Downloading that binary guarantees that Apache is compiled against the same version of OpenSSL that is running on your server. For example, the latest Apache 2.2.6 release on Apache.org is compiled with OpenSSL 0.9.8e -- two minor revisions older than what you have running.

( Also, if you are running PHP and need to use the PHP SSL libraries, make sure to download the version of PHP that is compiled against that same version of OpenSSL. I'm running Apache 2.2.6 with PHP 5.2.4. If you run Apache 2.2.4, use PHP 5.2.0 )
Hot Asien Teen

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec '07 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SOW, that did the trick. Mr. Green

Reply to topic   Topic: Mod_ssl error Can not load View previous topic :: View next topic