logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_fcgid, images and tuning
Author
Pulse77

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 8:21    Post subject: mod_fcgid, images and tuning Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry I have posted this in another thread, but don't know if it was the right one.

I am very new to the wonderful world of Apache, PHP and MySQL, and I am very impressed with the results we got up to now.

After having a few problems on our production server I started reading optimization tips here, and have changed a lot since then

* I Installed the apache binaries from apache lounge
* I sorted the my_thread issue with the older libmysql.dll
* I started using mod_fcgid

It seems as if mod_fcgid is faster, but I have 2 issues at the moment:

1. Page buffering is a lot different, meaning the page first need to finish loading before it it brought to the browser.

2. I have a page that calls 40+ images, and each image is a php call, to do a few db calls of what images to show and logging what images was shown. It seems that with mod_fcgid that the images takes a bit longer to display, and I am not sure how to omptimize this. I am not sure if this is bacuse mod_fcgid need to open 40+ times or is it simply becuase the image code is slow.

Does anyone have a few optimization tips for mod_fcgid and best practices on how to use it in the right way.

Thanks a million for a great site and a great forum
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan '08 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

One optimation I know is using pconnect for mysql if you don't do yet.
use cache so that PHP don't have to run all the code.
Do not store the pictures in the database. Only the path.
use some code cache like zend optimizer or eaccelerator

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_fcgid, images and tuning View previous topic :: View next topic