logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Can't view subdomains behind lan...outside wan works fine
Author
TrickyNick

PostPosted: Tue 25 Dec '07 7:18    Post subject: Can't view subdomains behind lan...outside wan works fine Reply with quote

Can anyone help me fix this? I'd like to be able to connect to the subdomain (ex: sub.domain.com) from inside the lan.

Maybe you can also help me figure out why I can't get the site to load properly either. http://domain.com and http://www.domain.com load the default set up location from behind the lan. Outside, they both load the one I want. Could someone help me with that as well?

Let me know if more info is needed. Been trying to get this to work for 2 days now and it's frustrating me.

Running Apache 2.2 on a Windows Machine
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 25 Dec '07 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think inside LAN you are using a different DNS server or none.
So you can edit the hosts file on every PC which should view the subdomain or configure your networksettings that you define your outside DNS server as the first one (primary).
jonez

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan '08 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

the trouble is that when you are using "network address translation" (which most networks do), you cannot access the "public" ip address from the LAN.

what I did on my network was to override DNS by changing the host file so that my website, www.zoidtechnologies.com, has a 192.168.2.x address when a machine on the LAN looks it up and a different address when someone from outside looks it up.

Reply to topic   Topic: Can't view subdomains behind lan...outside wan works fine View previous topic :: View next topic