logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Access from the web gives me the router login dialogue only
Author
JoJoRaz

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug '07 6:49    Post subject: Access from the web gives me the router login dialogue only Reply with quote

I've just installed Apache (2.2.4) for the first time to host a website from my XP PC and configured DynDNS to take care of DNS updaqting.
When I attempt to access my site from the web I am presented with the router login dialogue on my PC.

The router is a Xavi x8821r+ and i have set ports 80, 8080, 8181 to forwarding but nothing I try gets past the router login.

Can anyone point me in the right direction PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE!
Please use low-tech terms in response so I don't have to spend an hour on Google just to understand it.

Thanks for your attention.
strigoi

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '07 2:37    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

in your router setup, turn off remote access, the router is listening on the same port your attempting to get to your website on.
JoJoRaz

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '07 5:07    Post subject: Solved! Reply with quote

I have since learned that it works fine from the web as some freinds checked it out, just not from my PC unless I use a proxy. Ok, I can access via 127.0.0.1 but not using the web URL. A whole day spent trying to figure it out but, hey,,,,,,,,,,nobody said this would be easy!

Reply to topic   Topic: Access from the web gives me the router login dialogue only View previous topic :: View next topic