logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Webmaster Tools & Utilities View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: MRTG Spike Leveler for ApacheStats
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr '08 23:10    Post subject: MRTG Spike Leveler for ApacheStats Reply with quote

A tool for removing spikes in your graphs made with ApacheStats from the ApacheLounge download page is at www.berkutsystems.com/MRTG/default.htm

John Bouma writes:

MRTG is a GREAT tool, enabling users to easily monitor what's going on in the network. I personally have seen many instances where we've detected problems in some pretty critical networks - all because MRTG was giving us real time information on network performance.

Since MRTG automatically adjust the 'Y' Axis, based on throughput, it's likely that sooner or later, an unusual spike will result in an unexpected adjustment in the axis which doesn't reflect what's "really" going on. Rather than endure those anomalies, we've preferred to modify the historical data, to have MRTG create graphs which more closely what we're seeing on a regular basis..

Download and Read more... at www.berkutsystems.com/MRTG/default.htm
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr '08 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the following from John:

I wrote the tool awhile back - and am surprised anyone found it. I'm
flexible about making changes to it if someone needs it modified.

Steffen

Reply to topic   Topic: MRTG Spike Leveler for ApacheStats View previous topic :: View next topic