logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Help for making the editor for posting the post in forum
Author
peacemaker

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec '08 21:14    Post subject: Help for making the editor for posting the post in forum Reply with quote

hi to all
i m trying to make forum for my site and i am thinking how the ppl will write and post their post, i means how they will get the editor type of stuffs, as rt now i m writing in textarea with provide above are tags for html,or code or inserting image and all, so i wil have to make this seperately or it is available , please guide me as in my site most of the thing are realted to images so, i will have to give facility for insterting image and they will be inserted proper place by use.
Hope you got what i mean to say.
Thanks in advance,
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec '08 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to upload the images the pictures in a different window (maybe a popup). Than you can include the picture with an URL.
Do you use a BBcode or something like that or can the user insert HTML code?
peacemaker

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec '08 0:00    Post subject: Help for making the editor for posting the post in forum Reply with quote

Hi james, thanks for the reply,
no its the site related to nature and conservation society, and i m founder member of it , wat we want is to upload our new developments and write some news and put some pics into it, thats it,and it will be just 1-2 times a month or may be collectively i wil have to upload the pages by doing hard coding, but i am making a forum also so that ppl can discuss their problems related to bird watching and all, so the members will be able to type the text, for just text i can use the text area but for identification of bird for moderators they wil upload pic so just thinking how to do that else text area will be fine.
no html or nothing is there just this type of message and all, For uploading news and events, moderators should be able to upload,else i wil have to do the thing, as the moderators dont know HTML and stuff so they wil have hard time coding it Very Happy , so it will be my job.Any suggestion for that,else i wil use just text area, for forum, and give suggestion for uploading activities.
U said abt BBCode wat is that, i didnt get it so can uexplain that for me plz. Thanks in advance.
Wat abt Tinymce, i saw that but , didnt get it how to attach and all.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 18 Dec '08 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than I recommend you to use a wiki or a blog. I like doku wiki much.

Reply to topic   Topic: Help for making the editor for posting the post in forum View previous topic :: View next topic