logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> How-to's & Documentation & Tips View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: LDAP apache Active Directory SSL connection
Author
sintro

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb '15 9:00    Post subject: LDAP apache Active Directory SSL connection Reply with quote

Just want to provide a solution to a problem I had recently when trying to configure Apache 2.4.9 to connect to Active Directory using SSL. (WAMP version 2.5)

I was getting the error:
"[Mon Feb 09 14:31:25.552692 2015] [authnz_ldap:info] [pid 3104:tid 1020] [client 10.0.0.1:49987] AH01695: auth_ldap authenticate: user peter authentication failed; URI /favicon.ico [LDAP: ldap_simple_bind() failed][Unavailable]"

This error occured because my AuthLDAPURL was:

AuthLDAPURL ldaps://10.0.0.5:636/DC=site1,DC=mydomain,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=user)

Connecting to Active Directory over SSL does not work with IP address and it must be the full hostname.

AuthLDAPURL ldaps://dc1.site1.mydomain.com:636/DC=site1,DC=mydomain,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=user)

What confused me was that setting AuthLDAPURL with the IP address in the URL worked when not using SSL.

Reply to topic   Topic: LDAP apache Active Directory SSL connection View previous topic :: View next topic