logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: What is System using port 80 for?
Author
MeepMu

PostPosted: Tue 15 Sep '15 21:18    Post subject: What is System using port 80 for? Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone tell me what System (process) is using port 80 for? I want it free because I want my server to use it. (So i dont have to type the port in the browser every time) I found out using CurrPorts. Here is the report: http://1drv.ms/1Kl3Ib2

James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 16 Sep '15 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you may open the taskmanager as administrator and look which program is using the PID (Process ID ).
In your file it was pid 4.

Since the PID is a very small number it might be W3SVC service. Set it to "manual" starting.

french name is: "Service de publication World Wide Web"
english name is: "World Wide Web Publishing Services"
german name is: "WWW-Publishingdienst"
Polish name is: "Usługa publikowania w sieci WWW"
Russian name is "Служба веб-публикаций"
MeepMu

PostPosted: Wed 16 Sep '15 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Hi,

you may open the taskmanager as administrator and look which program is using the PID (Process ID ).
In your file it was pid 4.

Since the PID is a very small number it might be W3SVC service. Set it to "manual" starting.

french name is: "Service de publication World Wide Web"
english name is: "World Wide Web Publishing Services"
german name is: "WWW-Publishingdienst"
Polish name is: "Usługa publikowania w sieci WWW"
Russian name is "Служба веб-публикаций"

Thank you really much. Its working now. I would have been able to figure out myself. (Well, maby but i would have taken a long time

Reply to topic   Topic: What is System using port 80 for? View previous topic :: View next topic