logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Socket Issues
Author
Rain

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb '07 22:13    Post subject: Socket Issues Reply with quote

Hello,

I am fairly new to the whole Apache Server / PHP language. I picked up a book on it, but I cannot seem to get Apache to install. I downloaded a binary and executed it, but I get this:

Code:
<os 10048> Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network address/port> is normally permitted.  : make_sock could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
Note the errors or messages, above, and press the <esc> key to exit.

I tried doing a netstat, but to my surprise the system told me that netstat is not recognized as an internal or external command Shocked. So now I have no idea what to do.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb '07 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

That error message means that another programm listen on Port 80 (like skype). Or a firewall blocks port 80.

A list with programs that may causes that issue

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=1265
Rain

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb '07 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried restarting my computer and now the Apache server seems to run fine. However, when I go to run this script:

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

</body>
</html>

I get a blank page, with no title. And if I go to view source, nothing shows up..which tells me Apache isn't serving my page like it should. I added all these lines to the apache config file such as:

LoadModule php5_module c:/php5/php5apache2_2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
PHPIniDir "C:\php5"

Is there anything else I should add in there?
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The config is ok.
Please check our error.log
Rain

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked and got these two errors:

Code:
[Fri Feb 23 09:09:59 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  require_once(SAM/php_sam.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in sam_factory on line 1
[Fri Feb 23 09:09:59 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'SAM/php_sam.php' (include_path='.;C:\\php5\\pear') in sam_factory on line 1
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

For testing your pages you should turn on errormessages from PHP.

in php.ini
Code:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
display_errors = On
Rain

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned them on and still get a blank page Sad. Would an error in PHP really stop the HTML from showing up also? Because as I mentioned before, I don't even get a page title.

Another curious thing that happens is when I modified the php.ini file and restarted the server I get one of those boxes that says "Apache has encountered an error and needs to close". If I hit ok, the box goes away but apache doesn't close and says it's still running.

Reply to topic   Topic: Socket Issues View previous topic :: View next topic