logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Max_Execution_Time
Author
tk

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 5:32    Post subject: Max_Execution_Time Reply with quote

Heya

I working on a site that is on a shared host, so I have no real access to Apache configurations or php.ini. I need to run a script that will take a very long time to execute ( A massive upload of data to his database and the host does not allow remote access, everything must go through phpmyadmin. In order for this to work I need to push the max_execution_time for a php script way back or turn it off entirely long enough to update. Is this even possible in a .htaccess file? If so, would I then have to find some way to restart the Apache server before it took effect?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set that in php if ini-set is allowed

Code:

<?php
ini_set("max_execution_time",0);
//this sets it unlimited
?>

If it is not allowed in php file it self you can set in .htaccess
Code:

php_value max_execution_time 0

Apache reads the .htaccess dynamicly so you don't have to restart.

Reply to topic   Topic: Max_Execution_Time View previous topic :: View next topic