logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: m0n0wall & Apache
Author
ColdCoffee

PostPosted: Mon 09 Oct '06 10:17    Post subject: m0n0wall & Apache Reply with quote

Seeking some advice on why my router is blocking me from viewing my page using my ISPs ip. On my LAN it works great on the net it works great but I can't view it others can. I am using m0n0wall(http://m0n0.ch/wall/) I have Block private networks unchecked on the WAN interface. Is there some safety or option I have to turn off to be able to access it using my ISPs ip.

Thank you
Nice site Cool
CanUuRead

PostPosted: Mon 09 Oct '06 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a router that behaves the same way...pain in the ass...but other than that I love. I have to use a localnet static (192.168.*.*), then I have to tweak my HOST file in order to view my domain.

If others outside your network can view your web, and that is what you want...you can edit your HOST file so that it points your domain to your local PC.

I'm not familiar with Monowall, so my best advice is read the manual that came with. Beyond that, you could email or call their support.
DeliriumServers

PostPosted: Tue 10 Oct '06 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use m0n0wall, and yes it and many other firewalls have this same symptom, it has to do with the rules. I edit my host file just like CanUuRead recommended and it has always worked well. A bit of a pain when i have alot of subdomains, but it works and I feel safe with m0n0wall.

-delirium
EElyn

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct '06 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No, the problem is by design (or lack of feature if you will).. iptables, which is the firewall used in Monowall, must be configured with loopback tables before a LAN client can communicate with another LAN client through the WAN ip.

As of the current version, monowall does not support this.

If you use monowall as your DNS server, a workaround is to use the DNS Forwarder feature. In the first table on the Services -> DNS Forwarder screen, insert a new entry for the host (www), domain (example.com) and IP (LAN ip) of your server. To test it, open up your console and enter ipconfig /flushdns followed by ping www.example.com. The IP address resolved should be the LAN IP you entered in the above table.

If you do not use Monowall as your default DNS Server, you have to edit your Hosts file (notepad %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).

Hope it helps..

Reply to topic   Topic: m0n0wall & Apache View previous topic :: View next topic