logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Listening for multiple static ip's from a BT2700HGV Router
Author
nomis

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct '06 10:09    Post subject: Listening for multiple static ip's from a BT2700HGV Router Reply with quote

I have a BT2700HGV Router and have a 5 static ip package from BT. The router seems to have the settings that manage and enable my 5 static addresses. The router has an address of xx.xx.xx.190 and I can then choose to allocate a fixed (of range xx.xx.xx.185-9) or private IP address to any pc connected to the router.

I have a PC with XP pro, Apache 2.2, php5, MySQL etc. all set up and working fine internally and externally. When I assign one of my fixed static ip's to the PC through my router management – i.e. assigning the PC with "DHCP Fixed: xx.xx.xx.187" will allow me to browse to that ip from anywhere.

My average (probably limited) knowledge of networking is failing to help me to understand how I can set up virtual hosts on my Apache to listen to my other static ip addresses. Do I listen to the router or setup how it deals with my pc differently or is my router not capable of doing this as it seems to have quite limited "advanced" network settings available?

Any thoughts to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct '06 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can setup different vhosts.

NameVirtualHost 111.22.33.44

<VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>

ServerName www.domain.tld
ServerPath /domain
DocumentRoot /web/domain

</VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost 111.22.33.45

<VirtualHost 111.22.33.45>

ServerName www.domain2.tld
ServerPath /domain2
DocumentRoot /web/domain2

</VirtualHost>

Reply to topic   Topic: Listening for multiple static ip's from a BT2700HGV Router View previous topic :: View next topic