logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: having trouble with links in an iframe
Author
Doug22

PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr '24 14:30    Post subject: having trouble with links in an iframe Reply with quote

I have a home page, and in at the bottom of that home page, I have an iframe with another web page. That other web page has many URL links. Somewhat strangely, when I'm on that home page, and I click on a link in the iframe, it doesn't go there! I have to right click on it and "Open Link in New Tab" in order to open that link. I have to assume that since the iframe doesn't own the home page, it is reluctant to replace it.

How do I make it so that when I click on a link in an iframe, it just GOES THERE?

I should add that when both home page and iframe are local, everything works fine. It's when they are online that I have the problem.
Doug22

PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr '24 23:08    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote

OK, fixed.

Need to put <base target="_parent"> in the <head> block of the page in the iframe.

Boy, that was easy!

Reply to topic   Topic: having trouble with links in an iframe View previous topic :: View next topic