logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2 and TomCat 5 with Business Objects and DMZ
Author
mholka

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar '07 3:07    Post subject: Apache 2 and TomCat 5 with Business Objects and DMZ Reply with quote

I am fairly weak with my experience on web and app servers. So I am looking for some hand-holding (Not Literally, please!)

I have to deploy Business Objects 6.5 with Tomcat on an internal network and apache in a DMZ. The firewall is a checkpoint and the admin is more clueless about firewalls than I am about web/app servers. Scary I know!

Anyway, I have been researching this mod_jk connector and I know our product uses it to configure everything in a stand-alone deployment. However I have to do it manually because of the firewall.

I know I have to open the firewall for certain ports and config the mod_jk connector to speak with the the DMZ-Apache web server and the internal-Tomcat server.

Can someone help me out with this?
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar '07 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use mod_proxy_ajp so you only have to open Port 80
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html Question

Example:

ProxyPass /examples ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/examples
ProxyPassReverse /examples ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/examples

Check this topic out about mod_jk2

and this topic

If you still have a question feel free to ask again.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2 and TomCat 5 with Business Objects and DMZ View previous topic :: View next topic