logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: speed test
Author
roller

PostPosted: Wed 20 Apr '11 6:52    Post subject: speed test Reply with quote

my broadband speed is shown below

i tested speed here
www.speedtest.net
share your score here
gethip1

PostPosted: Wed 20 Apr '11 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got

Last edited by gethip1 on Tue 20 Jan '15 10:37; edited 3 times in total
jaro65

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep '11 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow India wery FAST
seetru

PostPosted: Sat 18 Feb '12 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

My service is sold to me as 35mbps both in and out using Verizon fiber optic network (FiOS) also provides HDTV and telephone service

in more than 2 years now have never lost connection and package cost me about $140.00 a month, after many years finally a decent deal for home internet service
gdprogrammer59

PostPosted: Mon 27 Feb '12 16:38    Post subject: RE: speed test Reply with quote

Hi all!

I tried http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ and it is way off indicating only about 7 Mbs in both directions and http://speedtest.net doesn't show an accurate rate either. I have FIOS 150x65, a bit pricey but I use it for business (about $219 plus $20 for 5 static IP addresses) but I run a mail server and multiple domains on an Apache Web Server. This speed is becoming increasingly more available to FIOS subscribers so if you have the need for speed FIOS is the way to go.

I use http://speedtest.verizon.net and the last results were 152Mbs download and 75Mbs upload. If you are running a mail server and you have family that uses the same IP address it is advisable to get a block of five static IP addresses (the options are one and five or multiples of five) and break the mail server off onto its own IP address. One of the computers or possible game system hit an IP address that was known for worms (no longer exists but the IP address notifies some email authority that an attempt was made) and my IP address got blacklisted. Took a couple of days to get it resolved and removed but I ended up with a second ISP for my family.

I hope this helps someone.

Reply to topic   Topic: speed test View previous topic :: View next topic