logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: [solved]apache connection problems - can't connect from exte
Author
Eksotik

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug '11 3:01    Post subject: [solved]apache connection problems - can't connect from exte Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is apache or Win7 issue. I'm using windows7 home 64, I installed httpd-2.2.19-win32-x86-no_ssl, followed the instructions etc. I can connect to the server via domain or ip with my own computer. But people in LAN or outside cant connect. I've tried port 80 and 8080.

I'm using Comodo firewall, tried to disable it, didn't help.
My isp provides different firewall settings, I used "allow all traffic" and "server ports" setups, neither of them worked.
I don't have a router since the cabel is connected "through the wall" since the internet is shared with the whole apartment. This server worked fine with my vista laptop, so I dont think it's an ISP problem.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Tero

Last edited by Eksotik on Sun 28 Aug '11 13:56; edited 1 time in total
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug '11 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

well .. the firewall in Win7? I did not notice mention of it .... just comodo
Eksotik

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug '11 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also disabled, so I guess I don't have to open any ports in there.. or?
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug '11 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one thing about software firewalls that I have noticed is, if disable, often it doesn't mean that now all ports are open, just now there is nothing actively working to open/close them. So what you end up with is as what was open/closed frozen in time.
Eksotik

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug '11 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the reply, I tried turning windows firewall on, setting new port rules for 80 and 8080, but it doesn't work.. Getting pretty hopeless..

In some forum I read about something that http.sys is using port 80 so that's why there's some connectivity problems. But if I can connect with my own computer to 80 and 8080 ports I think the http.sys doesn't affect of me, or am I wrong?

-Tero
Eksotik

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug '11 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it seems people can connect from LAN but still not working from external ip's.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug '11 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a router to the outside or some other firewall?
Eksotik

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug '11 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this is weird stuff. Now it seems to work perfectly like it should. Now I got comodo and windows firewall on and port rules set for both 80 and 8080, and they both works. And I also noticed that it doesn't matter what port rules you set in windows firewall if you are gonna close it anyway (since the rules only works if the fw is on?!.. ;_;)

thanks glsmith!

-Tero

Reply to topic   Topic: [solved]apache connection problems - can't connect from exte View previous topic :: View next topic