logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 Connection was forcibly closed by remote host
Author
dbnex14

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep '15 3:22    Post subject: Apache 2.2 Connection was forcibly closed by remote host Reply with quote

Hi,
I am using a .NET Compact Framework 3.5 client that talks to server (Apache 2.2 shared module) which talks to database.
My client will sometimes retrieve large amount of data in a server call. So, I am using AutomaticDecompression on client and I have enabled gzip, deflate on Apache. However, if I try to fetch large amount of data, I will get the error:
Code:
"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

I am not finding anything in apache logs showing this error, it is showing on my client app.

Here is my GetWebRequest() method on client:
Code:
protected override WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
{
    HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)base.GetWebRequest(uri);

byte[] credentialBuffer = new UTF8Encoding().GetBytes(Settings.Get("usr") + ":" + Settings.Get("pwd"));
    req.Headers.Add("Authorization", "Basic " + Convert.ToBase64String(credentialBuffer));
    req.AutomaticDecompression = DecompressionMethods.GZip | DecompressionMethods.Deflate;
    return req;
}

I have also noticed on occasion "The operation has timed out" error.

Not sure this is question for Apache forums as I dont see the error in Apache logs but since it says that remote host forcibly closed it, I thought it might be Apache or some Apache settings.

Please help,
Much appreciated,
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep '15 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

it KeepAlive enabled in Apache?

Does the client send a KeepAlive Signal?

Firefox for example requesting Apache Lounge

Code:

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: de,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Connection: keep-alive
Host: www.apachelounge.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
dbnex14

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep '15 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is KeepAlive enabled on Apache?
Yes, KeepAlive is ON, here is what I have in httpd.conf:
Code:
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 60

and what I have in httpd-mpm.conf:
Code:
<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
    ThreadsPerChild       1000
    MaxRequestsPerChild    0
    Win32DisableAcceptEx
</IfModule>

Does the client sends an KeepAlive signal?
It should, as KeepAlive is by default True and I haven't changed it in my override GetWebRequest() above. I also checked and it is set to True on my request.

Here is how my request and response look like, note that .NET AutomaticDecompression property sets/gets encoding for you, so there is no need to set Accept-Encoding but I did try setting it explicityly in my GetWebRequest() method by adding
Code:
req.Headers.Add("Accept-Encoding", "gzip, deflate");

Here is my request and response:

Admin note: Moved to http://apaste.info/4Yf

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 Connection was forcibly closed by remote host View previous topic :: View next topic