logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Webmaster Tools & Utilities View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: SSH Tools for Windows (SFTP, RDP, Commandline, Terminal)
Author
Brian

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '06 18:24    Post subject: SSH Tools for Windows (SFTP, RDP, Commandline, Terminal) Reply with quote

I have been using the BitVise SSH server for Windows on several servers for about a year now. I have been until today using PuTTY as the SSH client.

I did not realize that Bitvise also offers a very functional tool called the Tunnelier. This is an amazing tool because it sets up a two window session where it tunnels FTP through the SSH portal, and it opens a fully function DOS-style SSH command line window (like PuTTY).

But unlike PuTTY, the Bitvise solution actually allows you to scroll back, I have never been able to do this with a PuTTY client on any platform, even after adjusting the settings for scrollback.

There are many features that may be of interest to the security minded adminstrator. First of all, it creates an easy FTP to SFTP bridge. Next, it allows full command line editing as I indicated with complete scrollback, SFTP window for graphical management of files, and a high level of configuration.

I would not dream of managing a server remotely without tunneling via SSH. This is a security minded person's solution. With this you can tunnel RDP at the same time you send files through SFTP and execute commands at the command line. This is better than SSH on *nix.

I would highly recommend the Bitvise SSH server for Windows, though it is not free, neither is Windows. You get what you pay for folks.

http://www.bitvise.com/index.html (Bitvise site)

Check out the Tunnelier and the SSH Server itself.
roberts

PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar '07 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,Brian
Thanks for this info,

I need one SSH client which using on windows, and can access linux.

---------------------------------------
software reviews
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 06 Aug '17 14:45    Post subject: Re: SSH Tools for Windows (SFTP, RDP, Commandline, Terminal) Reply with quote

Brian wrote:

I would highly recommend the Bitvise SSH server for Windows, though it is not free, neither is Windows. You get what you pay for folks.

http://www.bitvise.com/index.html (Bitvise site)

Nowadays free version:

Read at: https://www.bitvise.com/ssh-server

When the personal edition is chosen during installation, Bitvise SSH Server can be used free of charge by non-commercial personal users.

Running here all fine.

Reply to topic   Topic: SSH Tools for Windows (SFTP, RDP, Commandline, Terminal) View previous topic :: View next topic