logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> How-to's & Documentation & Tips View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Quick summary for building MySQL 5.0.33 using VC 2005
Author
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 20 Jan '07 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a quick summary for MySQL 5.0.33 using Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition with Service Pack 1.

Note that you will need to fix MySQL Bug 25451 manually to build with VS2005 because this fix is not yet included in the MySQL Windows Source distribution.

Quote:
Download the MySQL 5.0.33 source from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html
near the bottom of the page, choose Windows Source (zip) 5.0.33 22.9M
MD5: 7a95be4dbb729de536f2dbf8f8bf8cc8

Unzip mysql-5.0.33-win-src.zip into a work area preserving directories.

Start Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition SP1

[File] [Open] [Project/solution] {work_area}\mysql-5.0.33\mysql.sln

The Visual Studio Conversion Wizard will convert the project files to the new format. Click [Next] and [Finish] when prompted.

Fix Bug 25451 - http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25451
    In Solution Explorer - open the file [taocrypt] [Source Files] Integer.cpp and change line 91
      from: CPP_TYPENAME AllocatorBase<T>::pointer AlignedAllocator<T>::allocate(
      to: CPP_TYPENAME AlignedAllocator<T>::pointer AlignedAllocator<T>::allocate(
[Build] [Configuration Manager...] [Active Solution Configuration]

Choose one of these three configurations for a Windows build: nt, Max nt, or Debug

[Build] [Build Solution]

You should expect zero errors, and about 548 warnings.
(548 warnings if you build "nt" - "Max nt" and "Debug" will be similar).

See Installing MySQL from Source on Windows for information about which files to copy from your build directory to the directory where you want to install MySQL.

Hope this helps. Pls let us know if you are successful.

-tom-
SabinF

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jan '07 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the default compilation include SSL support? If not how do I include it?
SabinF

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jan '07 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question is: Where is the MySQL Instance Configurator? Where can I get it from?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jan '07 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the best is to install first the binary 5.0.27 from the Mysql site and copy the 5.0.33 files over.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jan '07 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it running!

The MySQL Instance Configuration Wizard is in a different source which you must checkout using the Subversion source control system.
See the MySQL Source trees page for the location of this source code.

More detailed info about building MySQL probably belongs on a MySQL forum, not an Apache forum.
I suggest MySQL Forums :: Source, Builds, Binaries

-tom-
SabinF

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jan '07 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the sources for MySQL Instance Configuration but I haven't succeeded in building it. I also searched MySQL forums and Google and I had no luck. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Sabin
Hogi

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb '07 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get rid of the following compiler error when I try to compile libmysqld with VC++ 2005 Express Edition:
Quote:
client.c
..\sql-common\client.c(1787) : error C2373: 'cli_mysql_real_connect': Neudefinition; unterschiedliche Modifizierer
../libmysqld\client_settings.h(47): Siehe Deklaration von 'cli_mysql_real_connect'

I have the latest Platform SDK installed and everything is compiling fine. I also fixed the mysql bug 25451 (as mentioned) und some libs und exe's are finally compiled and are running fine, exept the most important mysql service/daemon, because of the missing libmysqld.lib (I guess).

Any ideas?
tdonovan

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb '07 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the MySQL configuration and project names are misleading.

The libmysqld project does not need to be built if you choose one of the valid configurations for Windows: Max, nt, or Debug.

The mysqld project is the one which builds the MySQL service/daemon.
If you choose configuration nt, the daemon executable will be .\client_release\mysqld-nt.exe.
This is the configuration most people need.

I suggest you use [Build] [Build Solution] (i.e. F7) to build all the executables (in .\client_release) and the dll (in .\lib_release).
This only builds the projects which are required and are valid for Windows.

-tom-

p.s. If, for some reason, you still want to build libmysqld on Windows - you can fix the problem in client.c.
Remove the STDCALL modifier on line 1783.

change:
Code:
MYSQL * STDCALL
CLI_MYSQL_REAL_CONNECT(MYSQL *mysql,const char *host, const char *user,

to:
Code:
MYSQL *
CLI_MYSQL_REAL_CONNECT(MYSQL *mysql,const char *host, const char *user,
SabinF

PostPosted: Fri 16 Feb '07 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, if anyone had any success in compiling MySQL Instance Configuration Wizard from SVN, let me know. The sources are written in Delphi, but there is also a VS-7.1 solution in the directory. I tried compiling with VS-8.0-SP1, but I keep getting the following error, despite the fact that the '' file exists (if you look for it in 'Solution Explorer'):

Quote:
------ Build started: Project: libmysqlinstanceconf, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
procsetup.c
.\source\procsetup.c(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'myx_instanceconf_public_interface.h': No such file or directory
myx_instance_security.c
.\source\myx_instance_security.c(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'myx_instanceconf_public_interface.h': No such file or directory
myx_instance_manager_setup.c
.\source\myx_instance_manager_setup.c(10) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'myx_instanceconf_public_interface.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Instance\library\Release\BuildLog.htm"
libmysqlinstanceconf - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MySQLInstanceConfig, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
wizardui.cpp
.\wx\wizardui.cpp(Cool : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/wxprec.h': No such file or directory
windows.cpp
.\wx\windows.cpp(2) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/string.h': No such file or directory
main.cc
d:\instance\source\wx\wizardui.h(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/wx.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Instance\source\Release\BuildLog.htm"
MySQLInstanceConfig - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Another strange thing is that the 'wx' files that the compiler complains about are not in the directory. So my question is how does the MySQL staff compile it? But I guess these files can be found at http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/.
SabinF

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made it to the point that the only error that I have is the use of DATADIR in "wizardui.cpp". Is this the DATADIR from the MySQL file "config-win.h" or from the Platform SDK file "objidl.h"? I'm getting error C2275 (illegal use of this type as an axpression).

The error occurs in code like: wxBitmap( wxT(DATADIR"/im_account.png")

Any help would be appreciated.

Sabin
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 03 Mar '07 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MySQL Bug 25451 is fixed in 5.0.36, they applied the fix from tdonovan. So no need anymore to change AllocatorBase to AlignedAllocator in Integer.cpp. Thanks to tdonovan who discussed this with Mysql.

Steffen
angelo2007

PostPosted: Sun 06 May '12 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i know that this post is since 6 years.

but i came here searching for the source code of
mysqlinstanceconfig.

some one know where i can donwload.

the svn it out of date. all have been gone.

github and others but i cant find nothing.

thanks. in advance.

Reply to topic   Topic: Quick summary for building MySQL 5.0.33 using VC 2005 View previous topic :: View next topic