logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: router and apache
Author
webmasterunderground

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug '07 16:44    Post subject: router and apache Reply with quote

set up apache works on local machines lan network.....set up router as indicated in portforward.com for dlink514...completed my dns records which i have been doing for 4 years and it work on many differnet os systems and different service now that i put this dlink in i get a page that says 401 The web site is blocked by administrator can be illustrated by clicking on www.pricepleaser.com any one out there with an idea......?
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug '07 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTP 401 is the status for Authorization Required.

That response is usually sent by Apache because there is a Require directive in httpd.conf or .htaccess.

If it's not your Apache server sending this, maybe it comes from a mis-configured proxy between the user and your server.

I never heard of a router sending a 401 response, unless:
    The WAN modem was plugged into a LAN port instead of the WAN port on the router.

Port 80 was forwarded to the router itself (i.e. forwarded to 192.168.1.1)

The router is configured for remote admin on port 80 (I don't know if a DLink DI-514 can even do remote admin)

-tom-
webmasterunderground

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug '07 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

while when ya prolly looked into theis i was in the process of resetting the router got every thing back up and yes the dlink is setup for remote monitoring i aint new at this i set up routers every day but this 401 is bothersom usualy caused by a firewall or somthing blocking the authenication to the next page ... i have successfuly port forwared other programes with no issue .....
portforwarding should not be anissue dont wanna use the features dlink similar to front gate access like ISA server wanna be able to use to logg file for info and dont want it reflecting requests from the router ...........
i have started the process over 4 times and get the same results....
there is no documentaion to be found i am beliving that i am starting to see an issue with the the router it dont apear to be port forwarding port80 whien i put in a nonvalid ip range into the dns record it says apage cant be displayed....
i do have a dlink with web services capability but have grown acustom to the setup i have now......
there is no reason why this should not workmaybe i am over looking somthing in the .htaccess but doubt that it works with out the router......the config is set up properly but have not designated port 80 to be cloaked as 8080 trying a few different things now that the router is responding properly after teh password reset ,,,attempted to turn off fire wall of but un sure of the outcome gained a new ip addy from dynamic server to update the dns here ya should see what i mean www.pricepleaser.com what do you see?

-----
edit
-----
so as it goes the remote management was disabled but yet acessing remotly on port 80 put in the ip addy and boom login screen cant see it from the lan but from WAN out side in... enabled for port remote on port 8080 but still accessed on 80 still getting error

-----
edit2
-----
ook the advise tryed setting the listen for port 8080 and forwarded port 8080 in apache in the router...... same error this would further indicate that it is not apache reset teh config file back to listenon 80 and reajusted to ports the advise was 2 thunbs up but not the issue at hand
webmasterunderground

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug '07 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so removed all apache software and computers form the network only have the router connected still getting error dam dlink........ any ideas about this dlink issue....india tech support was not much help except telling me that i am not on the net and to contact my isp any one out there with an idea about this router issue

Reply to topic   Topic: router and apache View previous topic :: View next topic