logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: LAN and "Chunked Transfer-Encoding"
Author
poorboywilly

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct '07 0:37    Post subject: LAN and "Chunked Transfer-Encoding" Reply with quote

Hi, I couldn't find anything anywhere on the internet about this problem, so I figured maybe here would be a good place to ask. I have an XP apache server set up on my Ethernet/802.11b LAN. It is accessible on port 80 from the outside world, but mostly it is used for testing and accessed through the LAN with it's private network IP and a port number which identifies different virtual hosts.

My question is, any time I had a PHP document that was requested (from a client on the LAN) and then transfered via "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" (which appears in the response headers), it was cut off at a certain point, I'm sure at the point where the first chunk ended. I was able to resolve the issue and get complete responses by turning off output buffering in PHP, but was wondering if anyone knows the underlying cause of this problem? Is there anyway I can use output buffering and have it work?

thanks,
--Jason
poorboywilly

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct '07 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I take that back. Disabling PHP output buffering did NOT fix the problem, it just made it less severe.

Reply to topic   Topic: LAN and "Chunked Transfer-Encoding" View previous topic :: View next topic