logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.2.3, Win2K, mod_proxy - hanging CPU at 100%
Author
toadie

PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov '06 7:45    Post subject: apache 2.2.3, Win2K, mod_proxy - hanging CPU at 100% Reply with quote

any one tried sending more than 2GIG of data through apache 2.2.3 running mod_proxy to a backend Tomcat box?

My config is :

client --->> Apache/Mod_proxy ---> Tomcat 5.5.x

On the Tomcat side, it's a simple HTTP Servlet that reads the HTTP Input stream and writes to a file.

The results are:

- sending file less than 2 gig is fine
- sending directly to Tomcat is also OK.
- sending file over 2 gig to apache fails. Everything looks normal as far as memory or cpu goes up to the 2GIG mark. Right around the 2GIG mark, Apache stops sending data to Tomcat and start spinning its CPU to 100% and never recovered.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Thanks in advance.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov '06 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the docs wrote:

Large File Support
httpd is now built with support for files larger than 2GB on modern 32-bit Unix systems. Support for handling >2GB request bodies has also been added.

(since version 2.2.1)

I haven't so large files under windows, yet.

I think that is not implemented under windows Confused
toadie

PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov '06 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi james,

I am seeing the same failure on Ubuntu.

Toadie

Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.2.3, Win2K, mod_proxy - hanging CPU at 100% View previous topic :: View next topic