logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Websites don't always completely display
Author
Getintothegame

PostPosted: Sun 19 Nov '06 8:18    Post subject: Websites don't always completely display Reply with quote

I'm not sure what this is, but I am using an older computer (PIII, 850 MHz, ~128 Ram) for a simple test/image server.

When I try to load pages, it will randomly not load half of the page or just quit half way through. Sometimes it will not save settings, (not mySQL, but like display settings in phpMyAdmin, for example, won't save the theme change)

I'm not sure what information I should include, but if anyone can point me in a general direction, I'd be really greatful.

Thank you!

EDIT: The status bar on the browser will always display complete, too.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov '06 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anything in the error.log or in windows event log?

Which version of apache do you use? Use any scripting language perl, php?
Only on php or html pages?
Is there a full html source in browser when pages not displayed complete?
Getintothegame

PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov '06 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. A good example would be the way to install a wiki:

http://www.pso3p.net/wiki/config/index.php

It rarely will display the full page.

This is so weird! I can't check my error logs for another day, but any other ideas in the meantime?
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov '06 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, the sever is very fast, so I don't think that max_execution time ends the process. I could see in your wiki that Have zlib output compression is enabled. Some PHP application do not run well with that. Disable it, and restart apache.

Interesting: with Firefox 2.0 the wiki will be loaded, with IE the page reloaeds over and over again.

Your pages in root e.g. http://www.pso3p.net/download.php are running fine. So I think it can be an issue in PHP config that some PHP apps dislike that.
Did you change anything in the php.ini?

P.S. : For your wiki you should enable extension=php_gd2.dll Wink

Reply to topic   Topic: Websites don't always completely display View previous topic :: View next topic