logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Unable to view sites outside the network
Author
fatherb

PostPosted: Tue 21 Nov '06 21:10    Post subject: Unable to view sites outside the network Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've installed Apache2.2, along with PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5.027 on our windows server 2000. After a few hiccups all is going well now.

However, I can't view sites being broadcast from outside the network.

It is broadcasting on port 8080, so to view it I type www.domainname.com:8080. Internally from within our network this works fine, but from here at home I can't see it.

Is it a firewall issue on the server?

Thanks for any help.
Brian

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov '06 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is likely a firewall issue, and if you are running default installation of XP, for example, you will likely need to modify the settings for the firewall to allow port 8080 to pass TCP connections through.

Are you also behind a router / switch?

Most likely though, its a simple software firewall. Try disabling it first, see if that solves the problem. But somehow you have to get the WAN IP to translate to the LAN IP for the server, you may have more work to do than you had first hoped for. Try disabling the FW, see if you can connect. If not, you have to set up your switch/Router.

Let us know how it goes.
fatherb

PostPosted: Sun 26 Nov '06 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help - it was just a firewall issue. All operational now.

Reply to topic   Topic: Unable to view sites outside the network View previous topic :: View next topic