logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Publice access Apache 2.2.3
Author
Bruce

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov '06 21:45    Post subject: Publice access Apache 2.2.3 Reply with quote

Hi I have been trying to get public access would like to no if I have to chang the Apache from local system to network service in the service window and if so it will no take the supplied pas word to log into Nt Authority service I have tried just about every thing els I Am using xp home NTFS sp2 using port 80 with visual web developer and net frame 2.0 It works good from the same terminal but cant get page display on other computers Please help Very Happy

Last edited by Bruce on Wed 29 Nov '06 10:33; edited 2 times in total
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

no apache should run under Local Service or under a special Apache User account.

You need to use

Listen 80 will make it listen on all interfaces.
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was helpful it is on port 80 the problem is file transfer to other Computer it works on mine but not out side my Computer and both of my fire walls as well are set for port 80 also no other computer shoe up in my access logs s what mite be the problem I also have wright my registry for users everyone but still no file transfer to outside computer Mr. Green and set my httpd conf to allow all for the htdocs directory still no file transfer Idea

Last edited by Bruce on Wed 29 Nov '06 10:37; edited 1 time in total
pnllan

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,

Here's a new concept for you - punctuation. Just using periods (.) would help.

Also, consider using a spell checker. If you use Firefox 2.0 it is included, you just have to turn the option on. However, spell checkers will not catch bad word usage. Example: the difference between NO and KNOW (inferring a negative versus having knowledge), or THEN versus THAN (conditional versus comparative).

The reason I have stated this is because what you are writing is nearly incoherent (that means unable to understand - just in case).
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnllan wrote:
Bruce,

Here's a new concept for you - punctuation. Just using periods (.) would help.

Also, consider using a spell checker. If you use Firefox 2.0 it is included, you just have to turn the option on. However, spell checkers will not catch bad word usage. Example: the difference between NO and KNOW (inferring a negative versus having knowledge), or THEN versus THAN (conditional versus comparative).

The reason I have stated this is because what you are writing is nearly incoherent (that means unable to understand - just in case).

thank you I just down loaded the fire fox 20 browser with spelling.That should help me as spelling is always a problem Mr. Green Mr. Green
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS that still dos not solve the file transfer-(web page) problem to public terminal-(Computer)with Windows xp Home NTFS.
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. make sure you have port 80 open on the firewall at the server side.
2. make sure it forwards to a static IP and that your server own that satic IP
3. If you want to access it from a different computer not in your network you need to use your external IP
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean to point my domain dns server to my static ip that has bean don.On an outside terminal I got a file transfer error mes.instead of the standard no page display.And a code 502. If I use Dword
10 I get a blank white page instead of the standard no page display so I am getting public access but no file transfer.
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus the Battle of the NT NTFS file transfer goes on Laughing Embarassed Laughing Idea Nt Authority comes to mined that with out going threw Nt Authority no file can transfer I have tried every thing els.

Reply to topic   Topic: Publice access Apache 2.2.3 View previous topic :: View next topic