logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP: Unable to load dynamic library C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll
Author
dllano

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep '06 23:31    Post subject: PHP: Unable to load dynamic library C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll Reply with quote

I followed the instructions from the guide at http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=5397.

That is a very good quide, but after do everything I've got an error. Before try to use de extensions of php I tried to see if my configuration was working well, then I made a php file named index.php with the classic code phpinfo(); and It works well, it show me the php.ini what I put in my C:/WINDOWS.
But when I enable the extensions, I put into the php.ini exntension_dir = "C:\php\ext" where I'm sure the php_xxx.dll are, after that I erase the ; before the extension=php_mysql.dll, and I'm sure that dll exists in the that path. After that I've restarted my Apache and it told me: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specied module could not be found. I'm sure about the path where is the dll, I tried using / instead of \, but it didn't work, until now I can't use mysql functions, with others version of php and apache it always worked, but now I don't now what is happening. I hope you can help me, thank you.
dllano

PostPosted: Thu 28 Sep '06 0:29    Post subject: Php extensions Reply with quote

I'v already found how to configure the extensions, instead of copy dlls to C:\Windows\System32, like php5ts.dll, you can go to My Computer, right click and Properties in the tab Advanced and in the button Environment Variables then in System Variables, Edit the path variable and add C:\php5 or the path of your php installation, after that is better if you restart your computer, then the dlls into the php directory are available. What's more php_mysql.dll can be load now correctly because it uses libmysql.dll and that library is in the php directory. I hope it help someone else. Thank you.

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP: Unable to load dynamic library C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll View previous topic :: View next topic