logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Open Source Report Writing Software??
Author
pips

PostPosted: Sun 03 Dec '06 13:45    Post subject: Open Source Report Writing Software?? Reply with quote

I am looking for some open source report writing software (similar to Crystal Reports) to link in to my MySQL database.
I have googled for results and have downloaded some, but not had any success.
What do you guys use or know of that will do the job?
Thanks,
Phil.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec '06 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Crystal Reports. What should that software do and is there any programming language required / preferred? (e.g. C++ compiled, PHP,...)
pips

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec '06 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
I don't know Crystal Reports. What should that software do and is there any programming language required / preferred? (e.g. C++ compiled, PHP,...)

Crystal Reports is a commercial product which links into an sql database and has 100's of ready made report templates available.
I was made aware of the product by a colleauge who's company writes database software using IIS and .NET They use the Crystal Reports for generating invoices from the database and also creating Sales Reports & Graphs etc.
I have written our own database for managing the jobsheets for our engineers, but want to be able to generate graphs etc. from the data in the mysql database.
Cheers,
Phil
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec '06 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making graphs is easy. I found a very good tut. But it is in german Embarassed
I think the php code is easy enough and you are very clever, so I think you can get your head around that.

http://www.drweb.de/php/php-diagramme.shtml

more complex but in english

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/nasser20030219.php3?page=4

http://pear.php.net/package/Image_Graph/
pips

PostPosted: Tue 12 Dec '06 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help James - I will check this out.
Cheers,
Phil

Reply to topic   Topic: Open Source Report Writing Software?? View previous topic :: View next topic