logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: only some people can access my web page
Author
arbuckle

PostPosted: Wed 27 Dec '06 21:57    Post subject: only some people can access my web page Reply with quote

This is the first Linux apache web sever I've setup, and I'm confused because only half the people I asked to test it out could actually open the default install page. It's a gentoo box and all I have done was emerge apache, then added it to the default runlevel. I was really pleased to see that it worked right out of the box. Only problem is that half the people that visited it got a response from the server. Since I'm new with apache, I have no idea if i should be looking at apache, or at the router and ISP as a source of the problem. Is there any apache setting that would not let some people for whatever reason not access its webpages?
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr '07 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does apachectl server-status tell you?
arbuckle

PostPosted: Mon 16 Apr '07 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this sooo long ago, I never actually solved the problem officially, but I found that if i used port 8080 it worked, I'm guessing it's my ISP, but I can't be sure.

Reply to topic   Topic: only some people can access my web page View previous topic :: View next topic